3.27.2009

I also thought I would experiment in the kitchen with some bananas. I think one of the most exciting things is to wake up in the morning and see that the bananas I've been patiently waiting on to ripen have finally come around. It's like waiting for a postcard from a friend. The thing I like even more is making new recipes. I was inspired by my very dear friend who has just turned Vegan. Finding substitutes for eggs and butter is like trying to figure out one of those pictures where the images are divided and all messed up and you have to out it back together... Right? Well that's how I imagine it.


I came up with a delightful peanut butter banana bread topped with ginger granola last week (recipe to follow.. sometime). I thought I would try to make banana bread cookies because I could not find a bread pan to save my life.

And so came Double Chocolate Banana Bread Cookies!




This recipe is not exact... so try to eyeball it.. I tend to just throw things in and taste it... and you can 'cause there's no raw eggs! Let's be honest.. I still taste it when it has raw eggs.. I mean super buff people drink raw eggs all the time, right?

3 large ripe bananas
2 c bread flour
1/2 c rolled oats
pinch of celtic sea salt
1 1/2 c brown sugar
1/4 c virgin coconut oil
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 c granola
1 1/2 c chocolate soy milk
1/2 c dark cocoa powder
1 bar organic high quality white chocolate

Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a large cookie pan.

Mash bananas until lumpy. Add sugar, coconut oil, and soy milk. Mix until desired smoothness is reached. In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt, cinnamon, and cocoa powder. Combine both dry and wet ingredients into one bowl. Fold dough until all is combined, then fold in the granola. If the dough is a little too dry, add a little more chocolate soy milk.

Scoop the dough with a tablespoon and put it on the cookie sheet. Don't worry about reserving a lot of space in between the cookies, they do not spread out very much when they bake.

Bake for about 10 minutes, checking on them around 8 minutes.

When cookies have completely cooled, grab two pots and get ready to double boil that white chocolate!

(If you don't know what this is or how it works, it is very simple: Grab two pots, one smaller than the other. Fill the larger pot with a cup or so of water and heat it on the stove. Put the other pot over it with chocolate in it to slowly melt.)

When the chocolate is a soft and smooth consistency, use a fork to drip it over the cookies in whatever pattern you like.

Leave the cookies out to dry or throw them in the fridge! Done and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment