7.13.2011

Sometimes, we cook.

I should say, sometimes he cooks and I dance around the kitchen relishing in not cooking.                      

A beautiful ahi tuna tower. Layers of fish roe, spicy sprouts, ahi, hoisin plum sauce, sticky rice, avocado and arugula. What would we do with the Asian market? Or the fresh fish market.. and so many wine stores. I had to pair this with a dry rose.



Simple yet... Wow. I still think about eating this days after it happened.

What did I make? Simple chocolate mousse, of course. I had to contribute something to the dinner and I had figs on the mind..and dark chocolate..and coconut..and coffee. I don't have a picture for this creation, but it is an elegant 10 minute dessert. I was inspired by Heidi Swanson's No Bake Chocolate Cake. I simply made a couple substitutions. Coconut milk for heavy cream, cinnamon for allspice, and topping the dessert with coconut whipped cream and fresh sliced figs. I like my version better, but until I have some pictures, I guess you'll just have to take my word for it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment