4.08.2009

So I have been quite busy lately... but with the warm weather, my friend Sarah and I decided to make a Mexican (vegan) feast. Although I'm not vegan, just merely a vegetarian who will never give up fish, cooking vegan has opened my eyes to so many delicious recipes with fresher ingredients. Okay, so we may have used some black beans in cans... but really fresh otherwise. Especially because Sarah grows her own vegetables... I envy her.. although I don't have yard. We also, at my request, made a huge bowl of sangria! I knew it was going down that night. I knew I'd be riding my bike places one shouldn't ride their bike completely content and full of sangria.






I think Sangria is one of the best things to drink in the spring. I just went to the grocery store and went wild thinking about things to put in it. Here is my recipe:

Fiesta Sangria Especial

1 big bottle of red wine (rioja is preferred)
2 cups valencia orange juice
2 red delicious apples
2 oranges
2 boxes of strawberries


That is a scaled down, weekday version. If you want to get extra wild, consider adding a cup of white rum, peach flavored vodka, triple sec, or a limon vodka. We made our enchiladas really spicy so the sangria always goes quick!



We used fake meat crumbles, jalapenos, corn, black beans, red onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and olives as the filling. We covered it in vegan "cheese". It's easily some of the best enchiladas I've ever had! So when people if we (vegan and veggie) ever get tired of eating salad all day, rather than hit them in the mouth, maybe I'll send them a link to this blog. That could keep me out of trouble... for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment