8.28.2009



I'm really good at going a month between posts! Well a lot has happened. I got an internship at Charleston Art Mag, which has been busy but awesome. I actually feel like I'm doing something. My new place is the jam. My roommates are my best friends.

Haven't been cooking lately because I decided to go on a 5 day fast to find some mental clarity. Today is the 5th day and I have some tasty plums, apricots, and grapes with my name on them just waiting for me! It has been rough, and as much as I adore food, being without has provided ample time to sort out my mental closet, if you will. I've also been having the wildest dreams that are not metaphorical in any way. It's like watching an image of exactly what you should be doing- no silly teeth falling out or flying (although that's be nice). Now it's just the action of following through with it all which is obviously easier said than done.

I have decided to call the juice I've been drinking on my fast "Monkey Juice" because it is a strange little concoction. When I was a child my mother would go to a Chinese holistic doctor whenever she was ill and he would make huge batches of special "juice" for her to drink for wellness. Well.. it always worked but it was pretty foul to say the least. My brother and I jokingly called it her Monkey Juice, suggesting that maybe the doctor ground up monkeys in a blender with some green tea or something... awful I know.



My Monkey Juice is actually really good. Until today I've been enjoying it a lot. The batch I made today is much too sour, but since I'm breaking my fast tonight I'm ignoring that and just drinking so I don't really go off the deep end.

Everyday you drink about 64 oz of it.

64oz water
juice of 5-6 lemons
1 1/4 cup organic grade B maple syrup
cayenne pepper (I like mine spicy so I use a lot)

That is it. I made it the night before so I could have it done for the day. There's more to it than that but you can look it up yourself.

Next week I will be cooking amazing vegetable feasts. Get ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment