7.29.2009




I've been working a lot lately... oh summer jobs.. work yourself to exhaustion in anticipation of studying yourself to a brain aneurysm back at school in the fall. It's been a nice summer though. I never did get to make videos of myself cooking like I had wanted to, but there is always time.

This past Monday we blew off our chores and responsibilities. We went for something we decided to call The Best Day Ever 2009. It consisted of getting extremely drunk at the Alligator Farm, and it was amazing. It stormed the whole day afterward and Shawn and I nearly ate an entire extra large pizza between us. The whole day seemed like a blur.





I need more of those days... not the drinking necessarily but the carefree direction of the day. As we get older it seems the obligations trickle down and build up over and over. I feel like as a 21 year old I shouldn't even be thinking that. Drunken days at the Alligator Farm is what I need... along with waves.. and today I made chocolate chip cookies. All good ingredients...... very simple and delicious.





Taylor's Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/4 cup all purpose unbleached organic flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cup Sucanat
1/4 cup raw sugar
2 large organic eggs
2 tsp natural vanilla
1/2 cup organic butter
12 oz dark chocolate chips
1/4 tsp celtic sea salt



Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a cookie sheet. Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix melted butter, beaten eggs, both sugars, and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Add the sugar mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined. Add chocolate chips and mix.

Scoop rounded tablespoons of dough onto cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 11-13 minutes.

Let cool on wax paper.

See how it easy? Now I still have time to go to the beach before work!




No comments:

Post a Comment