1.20.2010

"-Hear is not the right word. I became a telephone. Edith was the electrical conversation that went through me.
-Well, what was it, what was it?
-Machinery.
-Machinery?
-Ordinary eternal machinery.
-And?
-Ordinary eternal machinery.
-Is that all you are going to say?
-Ordinary eternal machinery like the grinding of the stars.
-That’s better.
-That was a distortion of the truth which, I see, suits you very well. I distorted the truth to make it easier for you. The truth is: ordinary eternal machinery."

-Leonard Cohen. Beautiful Losers, 1966




Something about this Wednesday feels off. I'm on edge. I haven't been sleeping unless I've been drinking all night. I guess I should post a recipe.. I did make some pretty scrumptious jalapeno cheddar cornbread the other night, but forgot to take pictures. here's the recipe anyway just for the hell of it:

Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread:

1 cup corn meal
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1/8 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
1 cup buttermilk
2 large eggs, beaten
8 tablespoons earth balance, melted
6 ounces (113 g) extra sharp cheddar, grated
2 large jalapeno peppers diced

Preheat the oven to 375F. Spray a 9inch nonstick cake pan or springform pan with cooking spray.

In one bowl, add the first 5 ingredients and stir. Make a little opening in the flour mixture and pour in the buttermilk, eggs, and earth balance. Stir until combined. Fold in the cheddar and diced jalapenos.

Pour into the pan and bake for 35-38 minutes. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment